Wednesday 12 February 2014

Wheels In Motion

How good it is when the wheels begin to turn!  A momentum creating a beating heart. An expectation of a goal realised.
An appointment was made several weeks ago.  The Occupational Therapist (OT) arranged with the wheelchair salesman to visit Merv and myself at our house this afternoon.   The stage was set, the time arranged, the house cleaned and I picked Merv up from his HD social club early.
They arrived within a few minutes of each other, they had a plan which they implemented efficiently and professionally.  Merv sat in the display chair while I wheeled him around the house to the satisfaction of our visitors.  We discussed options for the chair and the addition of an iPad casing and support which will be fixed to the chair.  We talked, we discussed and before long they had packed up and left us. 
I had tentatively asked how long, no more specific, I asked how many months it would take.  The OT appeared horrified and said she hoped it would be done soon.  I smiled but my smile did not hide the fact we are applying for funding and everyone knows funding is a fickle business!  Altogether the cost of the wheelchair and the optional extras is approximately $4,000.
No matter, I am stoked, at last the wheels are in motion!

No comments: