Monday 3 February 2014

Back to Basics

Will Shortz Presents Mad For Sudoku by Will Shortz BOOK (Paperback)It's been less than a year since I bought my iPad.  I don't regret the purchase, I use it often.  When I go out it often goes with me.  Albums of my favourite photos are just a finger tap away.  I check my messages, my email, current weather conditions, my bank account (I can even pay bills and transfer money!) and many more.
Not so long ago I would play Sudoku and other games on my iPad.  The games relentlessly timed me, flashed adverts at me and told me when I failed.  I put the iPad down, I picked up my old Sudoku book and pen and completed the puzzle the, 'old way!'  I stopped and cooked the dinner, watered the front garden, showered Merv and went back to my puzzle.  No timer to stress me out, no adverts.  I just completed my puzzle in my own time and the enjoyment was much more satisfying.

No comments: