Thursday 20 June 2013

Growing Pains in Perth

I was feeling quite anxious,  I don't know why.  There was no reason for it.  I was heading off to the Niche to join my first official carer's support group.   I made coffee to sip while waiting at the lights, I took my Pink Lady apple to munch at those extra long lights.  Most lights seem extra long these days.  I don't know why.
Off I went and everything was going well, apple slowly being munched away to the core and the coffee revitalising me after my early morning hours were spent running at full speed.  Then I got stuck in traffic.  Not just  a little traffic but the type where you sit for 15 minutes and move 1 car length forward.  The lights changed 10 times and I still hadn't moved.  My coffee was gone, my apple just a browning core, my patience long gone.  The meeting was at 10am and I had left at 9:15.  It was now 10:10.  Should I just go home?
As I reached the intersection of Wellington Street and Loftus I could see the road gang were out and had closed the left lane, yes of course I was in the left lane!  There are no back streets in the CBD but I found them anyway.  I followed the car in front turning left here and right there and efficiently weaved myself up to Kings Park Road.  Very clever I thought.  I made it to the meeting at 10:30am but I wasn't the only one stuck in traffic.
Guest speaker was Veronica from ILC North.  I know Veronica from working as a ILC Assessor for services in 2011.  She visited with her manager and we had fun while exploring the reasons and possibilities for respite.   Yes, everything has a reason.  I was meant to be there and I am looking forward to the meeting next month.

No comments: