Sunday 23 June 2013

Harry is Restless

Mel made a statement late this afternoon which upon reflection she was quite correct.   We had gone to the Everywoman's Expo on Friday and she was adamant she would buy a fanciful veggie peeler/shredder for $10 each, buy 2 and get 1 free.
Mel's  energy had returned on Saturday afternoon and I suggested she peel the sweet potato for dinner. While I busied myself with mundane domestic doings Mel put peeler and vegetable together and was pleased her peeler jumped to attention and performed just the way it had been demonstrated.
Her voice suddenly weakened and screeched.  I turned to look and she stood motionless holding up her finger with a river of red pouring from it. 
Like a robot I put a couple of tissues around her finger to stem the blood and rushed off to retrieve the 1st aid box and band aids.  All done in a minute.  Hmmm may have to give that peeler away to another home.
After she retired to the couch and she suffered a little after shock Mel simply said, 'I have a lot to deal with; my cough (ongoing asthma), my finger, my weight, my schizophrenia and now the HD gene.  What could I do, what could I say, it is all true.  I put my arms around her and enveloped her in a mummy, daughter hug.  There are many benefits of being a Mum.

No comments: