Wednesday 5 June 2013

On your marks, set, go....

I love going on holidays but I hate packing (and unpacking, especially the washing nightmare).  We have booked 4 nights at the cost of 3 in Mandurah next week,  accommodation all sorted and we are eager to go, come rain or shine.  But, and there is always a but.... I am writing a list, and getting it right to ensure nothing of note is left behind.  I have already started the list, not one but many and they will eventually be compiled as one, but not yet, I just jot as I think about things, mainly as I use things today which I know we will need.
I have already pointed out to Mel she can not take up every nook and cranny in the car with her stuff.  Stuff is what Mel has plenty of.  When she comes to spend the night she brings 4 bags, her laptop and cosmetic bag.  Too many times we have discussed the necessity of 1 bag with essentials clothing and footwear but it continues to fall on deaf ears.  Alas there is no point in fighting and the 4 bags plus continues. Next week it will be different, Merv and I have to get some stuff in our small car also.  This will include basic groceries and dinner for Monday evening, refuse to go to the supermarket in Mandurah until Tuesday.  We are already booked into bowling before we head down.  The AHDWA is holding a free ten pin bowling morning with buy your own lunch.  Merv being an avid bowler, yes we said we will attend with car already packed and then head down to Mandurah to start what hopefully will be a relaxing holiday.  We will wait and see.

No comments: