Wednesday 19 June 2013

Just One of Those Days!

We all have them.  Days which we should have stayed in bed, pulled the covers up and hibernated until the sun arises once again in the east.
My day started of just fine.  I had my hair trimmed and the new hairdresser also enjoys writing stories and poems.  She has just lost 15kgs and I shared my journey of losing 12kgs with her.  We warmed to each other.  It was nice.
I rushed off to do a little shopping and came home to make pod coffee and wow look at the time I am running late for my creative writing class at college.  I rushed out the door and 10 out of the 12 traffic lights not only were red, but they had just turned from amber to red.  Deep breathing began.
Arrived at my class 15 minutes late, not like me at all.  The class went alright except my mobile phone had completely shut down and the room clock stopped at 11:45am and the tutor noticed at 12:15pm!  The class runs from 11am - 1pm.
I had a good idea.  I took myself off to the college library and started on my Saturday writing homework.  I was looking around for a power point and there was one right next to me popping up just above a metal book shelf.  I plugged in my iphone and after a few minutes it sprang back to life.  Too easy?  I went to pull out the plug and the shelf was in the way.  I disconnected the mobile and then took to removing the plug and cord.  Yes, there I was banging away at the shelf in the very quiet and lonely library.  After removing the shelf (yes, that's right I removed the shelf) and replaced it so it had an interesting slant.....I pretended all the eyes upon me were looking at someone else.  As I left the library I could hear the sighs of relief but I still had the gall to ask how I could join the library!
Once outside Mel rings and says her Smart Rider is out of the money, so I suggest she ring Transperth and ask why her money has not yet been transferred to her new card.  oh dear. Three phone calls later and the more plugging in of the iphone into the car charger I ring Transperth and find out her credit has just gone through.
Within minutes Merv's carer rings and says Merv didn't have his key for the house.  Oh goodness, I had forgotten to give it to him this morning.  I can hear myself groan.  Fortunately we have a, 'locked box,' next to the front door which contains the keys.  Roger was a ray of sunlight and managed to open the locked box and retrieve the keys.  I stayed on the phone as he tried the keys and finally he said he had won and was in the house.  Thank goodness!
Time for coffee and I headed for the college café to try their barista coffee.  A man approached me as I entered and said the café had just closed but I could have coffee from the vending machine.  Oh goodness, I wasn't going to stay to find out how awful it is. I took a trip to Muzz Buzz on Wanneroo Road and spent $4.80 for a regular size skinny flat white.  Better tasting than vendor coffee but not worth the cost.
The rest of the day happened without a hitch.  Next Wednesday I will ensure I arrive at class early!

No comments: