Saturday 15 June 2013

Sleeping Harry

Today I went to class and one of my fellow students stated she was too busy to do her homework, she said she works in finance and it's almost the end of the financial year.  We all nodded and extended silent sympathy and carried on with our exploration of homework endeavours. 
This week gone we were holidaying and I immersed myself in just letting go.  The days started slipping by and I wanted to hold onto what we had.  I didn't care that Alex Electrolux didn't make the journey with us, or my bed was half the size of the mine at home.  I remember before we went to Italy in 2008 I was told to spend time to 'smell the roses', and that is exactly what I did as I did last week.  Sometimes we are so busy doing we forget to experience the here and now.  The experience of body and soul in our new surrounding shared with others brings ultimate enjoyment.  Oh how good this is for my wholeness. 
The memories will last for awhile before Harry stirs from his sleep and starts the barrage of pain he is known to bring.  I am going to make it my job to find out a bit more about Harry so I can play him at his own game.  I was born to fight and not lose.

No comments: