Sunday 9 June 2013

In my dreams

When I was eight I was young and naïve, just a child with little experience of life.  Inside of me burned the desire to write, the magic of words and language, a desire so much greater than an eight year old can understand.
What happened?  Hmm, I wrote poetry and short stories, nothing published but each word and line I created from my inner being.  Weaving magical webs to delight both my spirit and others.
This weeks I began 2 different Creative Writing courses, the first 10 weeks long at Tuart College and the 2nd only 4 weeks run by Helen a WA author and teacher with the Women Writers Club of WA.  She was amazing, so much information in only 2 hours.
I don't suppose I am the first but I felt so inadequate.  I have no written or finished novel, my language is no longer as magical or inspirational as I would like. 
I am so grateful these 2 courses are going to be my punching bag, my inspiration, my journey to my destination.  Let's wait and see.

No comments: