Thursday 2 January 2014

Gold Class Winner

At Gold Class: Mel 10kgs lighter and her 'Winner Certificate'
It's only January 2nd and already my day was turned upside down.  It started early with Mel's weekly pension not being paid.  I rang the bank at 8am and they said all government payments had not been processed but they had no idea why.  Oh dear!  I recharged our mobiles online because Optus has stopped automatic recharge for six months.  I don't know why.  Mel's mobile payment went through but the website then said it she had $0 credit.  More time on the phone, which was corrected before hanging up.  Dustin came over to spend the day with Merv.  I raced off to the car and just before I pulled out of the driveway, I realised my bag and mobile were still in the house.  Goodness!
All this running around was for a very good reason.  Today I took Mel to the Gold Class Cinema as a reward.  Her weight was yo-yoing last year in the 90kg range and we used an incentive list of rewards as an encouragement.  Mel was 91.9kg at the time and the first incentive was to lose 3kg.  Just getting under 90kgs was a milestone in itself but the week before Christmas she made it to 88.7kg, just a tad more than the designated 3kgs!  I was ecstatic.  There was no time to arrange Gold Class before Christmas but today we headed off with our Gold Class tickets and I made Mel her own Victory Certificate and took a photo of her outside Cinema 4 where we sat on luxurious reclining lounge chairs.  We nibbled on dips and chunky Ciabatta bread while I enjoyed my coffee and Mel her lemon, lime and bitters.  Mel choose the movie; Frozen.  It was a light hearted children's movie with a lesson of love entwined.  It was Mel's first time at Gold Class and my second.  I pointed out to Mel she only needs to lose five more kgs before she is half way to her total weight loss!  She has already lost 10kgs.  Well done Mel!


No comments: