Wednesday 29 January 2014

Better to Barter

The Agonis Family have lived happily in my front garden for thirteen years.  I noticed just after Christmas they were overdue for a haircut but my energy levels were low and they have been ignored until today.  My sister asked to borrow my very noisy carpet cleaner.  I have a noisy carpet cleaner and she has a noisy hedge trimmer.  She said today she could possibly be a hairdresser, but I can't imagine cutting hair with a hedge trimmer is going to catch on anytime soon.  A close shave and a Mohawk maybe?
The Agonis Family are four healthy very tall bushes which over the last thirteen years have grown up hugging each other.  My sister whipped, zipped and danced,  trimming their rogue shoots and in no time at all each member of the Agonis Family stood tall with short back and sides.
Most of us have been bartering for years.  I have this you have that, lets get together and share our booty.  A great result both in task and more importantly the satisfaction of supporting each other. 

No comments: