Monday 5 August 2013

Adding the Dollars

It wasn't so long ago I could buy things I couldn't afford.  I saw it, I wanted it and I bought it.  I just waved my credit card in front of the cashier and bingo it was mine.  It really belonged to the bank, but it went home with me.  How I miss those days!
When I see something I have no money for,  I can close my eyes and  take a mental snapshot.  It works rather too well.  By the time I have saved the money I am already on a new quest and have decided I can live without what I had longed for. 
It's a game of decisions.  With less money the decisions are harder, the spending can only be considered thrifty and its a balance between what we think we  need and those things which we can live without.
So far, so good.  I should be a professional juggler as I am doing a good job of juggling so far.
We have a lot to be thankful for and the reality is we want for nothing.  Only the other day I said to Merv there are so many people who struggle to have one decent meal a day.  They aren't choosy about what they wear and have no money for movies and shows. 
The thought keeps me grounded and reminds me to keep donating to our favourite charities.

No comments: