Tuesday 20 August 2013

Mini Lotto Win

Life is full of little surprises and ones that aren't quite so little.  Yesterday another bill landed in my mailbox.  It was expected, my car registration renewal.  It used to be only 6 months or 12 monthly.  Now you can pay 3 monthly but only online.  I sighed, more money going out, but the car has to be registered.  I had a few spare minutes so I read both sides of the bill including the concession information.  What was this I was reading?  I think I am eligible for a concession.  Ten minutes later online and WOW I can receive a 100% discount if I present to the licensing centre a letter from Centrelink stating I receive the full carer's pension plus my concession card.  A saving of around $500 per year!  As good as a mini lotto win!
This morning I put in a call to Centrelink and the helpful young lady told me my letter will be in the post very soon and should be sitting in my letterbox by Friday.  Three cheers for Centrelink!  Now I am thinking what I can do with the money I am saving.  Decisions, decisions should I spend or save?  Or maybe a bit of both....

No comments: