Thursday 1 August 2013

A Weighty Mindset

My idea of losing weight is to book a once in a lifetime overseas trip and lose a whole stack of weight allowing me to enjoy every cocktail, glass of wine and buffet while holidaying.  It usually works a treat; it gives me a goal and I usually have five or six kilos to lose.  Last year I was a hefty twelve kilos overweight and I had booked a cruelling 33km bush walking holiday in April 2013. 
I set myself a goal and worked out a weight loss plan.  In four months I had lost five kilos and felt really good about my loss.  Dustin had lost ten kilos in four months and I put his weight loss program to the test.  I was thrilled when I lost five more kilos over five months.  Christmas and Easter bringing my weight loss yo-yoing from smiles to frowns.  I had lost a whopping ten kilos at the time of the bush walk.  I was fitter, lighter and felt a million dollars.
Mel started Weight Watchers in March this year and I joined her to be her mentor and encourage her in her journey.  Since then I have lost a few more kilos; a total of thirteen kilos to date. I am now lighter than any other time in the last thirteen years.
This made me put on my thinking cap, I do have a, 'once in a lifetime overseas trip', coming up in October, but this is where the plot thickens.  After a little soul searching I realised my weight loss is my life insurance.  Keeping myself healthy is my assurance I will be able to care for Merv and Mel for many years to come.  By helping myself,  I am helping my family.  It is a good feeling.

No comments: