Thursday 15 August 2013

Pre-Party Dilemma

Merv looks really cool with his new glasses.  Designer glasses at a basement bargain price!  I've been rushing all day to get ready for respite this afternoon.  Poor Merv hasn't even had a chance to beat me at dominoes, UNO or tri-ominos.  Mel rang and said she had spent her weekend money on food that she didn't need.  I am pleased I have put the bank app on my iphone, I'll transfer money to her later.  I have looked after her money since she started receiving a disability pension in 1999.  She has a 'secret' bank account with no debit/credit card attached and currently has enough money for a return trip to Italy, only the flights.  Mel uses the money to buy clothes at the change of seasons, accessories and other big items.  It works very well.   I transfer $50 per week into her secret account and it grows because she can't access it!  It works so well I opened my own account and I made a pact with myself not to access it, unless needed for emergencies and it has grown steadily.  It is mainly for, 'a rainy day' scenario.
Merv is using his ipad and we are ready to go.  The next blog complete with photos will be on Sunday 18 August.  Have a good weekend.

No comments: