Sunday 18 August 2013

Respite Completed!

Merv was happy to come home today and fortunately he had a great time in the respite cottage.  He was one of three short-term residents and he thoroughly enjoyed the attention of the carers and other residents.  He was looking well and was settled when I picked him up.  Mel and I had a walk before we picked him up and afterwards we treated ourselves to the Dome café.  Merv tucked into his regular order of warm apple pie with a large swirl of cream!

I had a wonderful weekend away.  We were treated to exquisite meals including an amazing goat and pasta dish and the next day, succulent salmon and asparagus. On Saturday we toured the Swan Valley in a local shuttle bus; no worries about wine tasting!    Our tour included; divine coffee, wineries with tastings, lunch choices, chocolate shop and nougat store.  After a variety of wine tasting I bought two bottles of sweet white wine and an array of chocolate treats from the chocolate shop.  Back to the good eating lifestyle tomorrow but today I am continuing my eat whatever I like day.  Breakfast at the retreat this morning was a spread of buffet delights, most of which I tasted; all of which I approved!
The retreat was a time to catch up with fellow carers and share stories and laughs, all good medicine for our overtired selves.  We walked the golf course, but had no plans to play.  We spied a couple of male kangaroos having a boxing match over a couple of females. 
We talked, we ate, we had fun.  I can't wait for the next retreat!




 

No comments: