Friday 2 August 2013

Recharging My Batteries

A beautiful winter's day in Perth.  I had a pre-booked appointment with my accountant at 10am.  It is my last tax return until further notice.  I am now a full-time carer and we have no other income accept Centrelink.  I sought out my accountant over twelve years ago when I commenced my own shopping service in the local metropolitan area.  I stayed with him after I closed the business and through the many different jobs I was privileged to have. Today he gave me the good news of a sizable refund cheque, but it was overshadowed by the thought I may not see him again.  Over our twelve years together we have chatted about; a shared friend and his family,  our families and our quests, life in general and my financial situation which fortunately has improved vastly in the last few years.  I wish him and his family well.
After a very busy week with Merv and Mel I had until 3pm to myself and took the opportunity to visit Hillarys on the beach to enjoy some window shopping and a coffee at the Dome.  I celebrated with an extra large cuppa and a warm sticky date pudding smothered with warm runny custard.  Yum!  I have to have a naughty moment of indulgence sometime and this was it!
I enjoyed a brisk walk before visiting the local handyman store and returning home to relax before Merv arrived home from his day centre.  It was a nice way to end the week and enjoy some, 'me time.'

No comments: