Wednesday 7 August 2013

A Red Bull Moment

I rang Australia Post early this morning and lodged a complaint about the medication parcel being left in my mailbox and then I took Merv to his HD club this morning.  As arranged I took our new ipad.  I was pleased we were given some advice on which apps to download to assist in Merv's communication.  The one question I had was when should Merv start using the communication app?  The program allows the user to click on words and picture prompts.  There is another app which has a much better and easier program but at over $200 we will use the free one for now!  It was suggested we start using the program now.
Thirty minutes later I attended an information presentation at the local library on family history.  I have previously started a little history searching myself but I was thrilled when the presenter found my mother's father on the English 1911 census.  He was four years old at the time!  He lived to over one hundred years.
I thought all my frustrations and annoyance had come to the fore yesterday with the strange case of the parcel but there was more to come today.  I came home with a boot load of shopping and the phone rang.  It was the optician where Merv had his eyes tested on Monday.  We ordered new glasses which were a bargain, designer frames cut down from $350 to $199.  They have spring loaded arms which will stop them from falling down his nose all the time.  A good choice.  The phone call was to say the warehouse no longer have the frames in stock and Merv would have to come down and choose another frame.  Well, I thought I had suddenly landed in the bull ring in Spain.  Or was I the bull in the ring?  All I could see was the colour red!   I explained to the nice young lady I could not understand what she was saying.  She said, don't worry I will put on my supervisor.  The supervisor was in defensive robotic mode and went into her pre-planned spiel.  I cut her short explaining Merv has a disability and I could not bring him down to the store until Monday and he would not have his new glasses for his respite next Friday.  The line went quiet for a moment or two.  The robot lady told me she would email every store of the franchise and find someone who has the frame we had paid for.  She did and she rang me fifteen minutes later and told me all was in order.  Time to have a rest, it has been a busy day.

No comments: