Saturday 10 August 2013

Case Solved

I rang the post office yesterday with further information about my postal conspiracy detective scenario.  The nice lady on the end of the phone said a reply had been forwarded and the postal delivery person (postie) had been questioned and their answer recorded.  My ears listened intently wondering if I had uncovered a rogue ring leader in the postal service.  Without further prompting I was simply told the registered-post sticker had come off in transit. Hmmm I replied.  I was pleased my complaint had been addressed and an answer had been recorded.  I suppose it was the least incriminating answer.  To be honest I wouldn't have been happy to hear the person had confessed to ripping off the sticker because they were having a bad day or it was almost time to knock off and pick up their kids from school.  The answer to my question reflects the fact I should continue to have faith in my fellow man (oops postie).
Life is full of bumps, some are bigger than others, some hardly register on the richter scale.  In our ongoing journey Merv and I depend on many people in our everyday lives and we need to trust them and  work together with them.
Just like our helpers, I am glad our postie is on our side and continues to serve the community with honour and integrity.

No comments: