Friday 30 August 2013

Weekend Unwind


I can almost feel the end of the week.  It is like a soft blanket which covers me with comfort.  This week has been full of dramas and I was found running from one post to another.  The weekend beckons and my mind begins to slow, to relax to decipher all that has happened.  This morning I took Mel shopping.  She usually does her grocery shopping online but the week has been disruptive and it is actually a good feeling running around the grocery aisles with the trolley filling it and calculating how much it will all cost.  In the fruit and veggie section shone buckets of daffodils all going out for a bargain price of $2 a bunch.  'Who could I give them to?'  I thought.  I wasn't expecting to see anyone today and I picked up a bunch knowing they will look delightful in my kitchen!  It was hours before I returned home, the rain was pelting down, the wind cold and unfriendly.  I cooked eggs and tomatoes for lunch just to warm my tummy.  The daffodils which displayed prettily in my ceramic jug beamed at me and warmed my heart. 

No comments: