Friday 20 June 2014

Pamper Day

Every now and again a very good freebie comes my way.  ARAFMI (care group for mental health carers) rang last week and asked if I wanted to attend a pamper day at a local hall.  I jumped at the chance.  I know from talking to other carers pamper days fill quickly and the wait list is long.  This is my first pamper day.  The gifts kept coming because it was free, not even a donation was requested.  When asked I was told the federal government has provided funding for five years.  The hall was old and chilly but the heaters had been turned on full and we were each pampered with three out of four available treatments.  A young lady provided reflexology to my tired sore feet.  Heaven.  A man with great hands (can I say that?) gave me a long and gentle back, shoulder and neck massage.  I didn't know I was booked for a facial and I was thrilled to be indulged with creams, sprays and warm towels.  We helped ourselves to free coffee and a substantial amount of healthy sandwiches and rolls for lunch.  Some of the other carers also attend the monthly ARAFMI meetings I have recently attended and attended today.  It was good to just chat and get to know each other.  This isn't always possible at the structured meetings.  I can say I have been pampered today and enjoyed every moment!

No comments: