Sunday 15 June 2014

Hibernating

I'm cold, its almost zero degrees when I wake this morning.  I hate the cold.  I should have been a snail
or a bear.  I could just hibernate until the weather improves.  Alas I'm not!  The sun shone, the grass glistened in the frost.  I don't have any grass, it's really the weeds which are glistening!  I bundle Merv into enough warm clothes to wrap a bear in and we head off to the Malaga Markets.  Morning tea is beckoning and I am looking forward to good coffee and I promise Merv yummy, gooey cheesecake to devour!  The markets are beginning to fill.  The soccer is playing out on the giant screen.   We delight in our morning tea and scour the local newspaper for anything of interest.   We purchase a few fruit and veggies, look at the cute puppies at the pet shop but give the rats a wide berth.  Soon we are back on the road, headed for home.  It's good to get out of the house and enjoy a little community.

No comments: