Wednesday 28 May 2014

The Last Post

It's my anniversary today.  I haven't been looking forward to it. I had hoped it would pass me by, but here it is.  It is exactly twelve months today since my first post on Big Bad Harry.  I had no idea what I was doing, where I was going or how it would end.  Hindsight. I love it.  Only weeks ago I realised a year was enough time to make a change of plan. I am not yet a published writer or poet, but I have written stories and penned verse at various times in my life.  My story or stories of others I have recounted have been published in various community magazines. 
I have decided this is the ultimate time to put my head down, take up my pen (iPad) and let my imagination run wild! 
Since 28 May 2013, my blog to date has had 7856 hits.  Most of them are from Australia and the United States but I am amazed when I see my post is read in Afghanistan, Moldova, China, Germany, France and so many other countries I had not expected. I am amazed that anyone wants to read about my weird and usually boring life (I did go to Mauritius and South Africa last October - definitely amazing)
I will  continue to write spasmodically about life as a carer to Merv and Mel on Big Bad Harry but no longer every day.  The road ahead will be full of challenges and we will deal with each one as they come our way.  In the mean time we will enjoy life and make everyday count. 
I will be starting a new weekly blog in the next week.  A link will be posted to the new blog on Big Bad Harry.  Thank you for sharing our journey with us.

No comments: