Tuesday 6 May 2014

Awaiting Mel's Return

Mel getting comfortable in her new ward today
We had hoped Mel would be coming home today but her poor health prevented her home coming.  I arrived at the Observation Ward this morning at 9:30am finding she had not showered.  I helped her shower before we took a stroll to the kiosk and a short walk around the hospital.  We returned to the ward to find Mel was being transferred to a regular ward in the hospital.  Mel was definitely improving during the day.  Her eyes are less puffy and the redness has reduced.  Her sinuses are still painful and she is tired after a night of constant waking.   Mel has been in hospital so many times she knows it is part and parcel of hospital life.  She is still receiving IV antibiotics and her doctor said she will be coming home tomorrow.  In Mel's room at my house her bedding has been changed and her room has been cleaned and vacuumed.  I am tired and I am looking forward to her coming home!

No comments: