Thursday 22 May 2014

Time to Stop

Packaged but fresh and tasty lunch
I rushed out the door as the support worker arrived.  I rushed off to my HD carer's support meeting.  I breathed deeply and there I was; cool, collective and serene in my mind.  I probably looked; stressed, frazzled and wind blown!  The meeting as usual was full of interesting discussion and even included a cheque donation and presentation from a swimming club who has donated to HD for a number of years.  We behaved nicely and smiled for the camera.  Instead of our usual get together lunch afterwards everyone went  their own way and I was left standing.  My immediate thought was to take off and take Mel to her routine heart test.  The test is necessary due to her ongoing mental health medication.  I sat in my car calming the thoughts running rampant in my mind.  A SW from the villas was booked to take Mel to her appointment, I didn't need to upset the plans already in motion.  I drove the car to Kings Park, just down the road and enjoyed a healthy sandwich and coffee while overlooking the city.  I checked my emails, took photos and jotted down ideas for my story writing.  I browsed through the Kings Park amazing and very expensive gift shop and enjoyed a little time just for myself.  Just what the doctor ordered!
 
View of Perth City from Kings Park

No comments: