Wednesday 7 May 2014

Mel Comes Home

Mel is asleep in her room.  Messages have been sent to family and friends.  We are all glad she is home.  Her infection is much better but we don't why and how it happened.  There have been a few projected suggestions from medical staff and others.  One doctor suggested the infection may be due to her diabetes 2.  It is a possibility, I would like to explore this a little further but not today.  I need to rest and just do all the things that need doing.  Mel has started her home oral antibiotics.  Once again I am Mum, nurse, and doctor.  Merv as usual is concerned about his daughter and he reached out and held my hand this afternoon.  He was just letting me know he cares and wants me to rest now.
I am planning a little fun tomorrow and a trip to McCafe for drinks and low fat treats.  Mel's hospital visit wasn't life threatening or life changing but it still impacts on an otherwise run of the mill week.

No comments: