Tuesday 20 May 2014

Marvellous Mel

Mel after losing 13.8kgs
Mel was grinning when we picked her up from Weight Watchers today.  I knew she had lost weight over the past week but I wasn't prepared for what I was about to hear.  She told me she had lost 2.6kgs in one week!  "Oh no, that must be wrong, no-one loses that much in a week," I said.  As I was leaving the car park I asked to see her WW card.  I braked to a stop at the T junction, taking note there was no one behind me!  I checked her entry for today and there it was;  a loss of 2.6kgs, currently 84.8kgs and total loss since joining 13.8kgs!  Mel said they had double checked her weight, just to be sure!
I drove her home and I took a photo of her 84.8kg body.  I was so chuffed I sent family and friends a text message complete with her photo.  I entered her weight on the iPad WW app.  Even the app was impressed!
How did she do it?  The WW leader told her last week she would lose a little weight after finishing her antibiotics (she had put on 2kgs last month during Easter but only lost 200g afterwards).  Her daily routine has been recommenced including daily exercise.  Then the secret was exposed!  Mel said she had not had any junk food in the last week and was even counting her WW pro points.  I wanted to sing Hallelujah! 
Mel's present goal is 84.4kgs.  Only 400g to go!  We have pencilled in a body massage when she reaches this goal, a dinner together at 81.9kg and a day spa at 76.9kg.  Goals are a fabulous incentive when the goal is achievable!  Well done Mel!


No comments: