Saturday 10 May 2014

Not Another Holiday

Thoughts crowd my mind.  I decide I need to do something about it.  I send an email to the travel director.   I begin to form a plan in my head, there is much to work out.  It is essential to make it work and I start crunching the figures, ringing respite centres and sorting out the dates.  It all works except for one.   I am unable to book Merv into his regular respite places.  It is the same week as many carer retreats happening in October.  I don't begrudge anyone respite and I understand and have experienced many carer retreats over the last four years, they are always good; sometimes confronting! What am I doing?  I had suddenly decided I wanted to complete the Cape to Cape track this year instead of next year.  I have completed two thirds of the track with only the remaining one third to go. I emailed the director of the tours and she admitted stage three is booked for this October but probably wont go ahead next year.  I don't particularly want to complete the final leg by myself.  Today I took the bull by the horns!  I have put my name down for the final leg of the track in October, I have the funds available.  I don't have respite for Merv and I will be away for three weeks altogether in October.  There will only be nine days between my already booked respite for a  fortnight and my Cape to Cape walk.  I am feeling rather selfish.  Life is full of issues which keep us awake at night and disgruntled during the day.  Hopefully I will find a way to justify it!


Cape to Cape Walk stage 2

No comments: