Saturday 3 May 2014

Upping the Dosage

 


Mel - feeling unwell
I had imagined a stroll in the park today or a visit to the Dome Cafe and plenty of time to chat and play board games. Another time for such plans.  Mel woke up late and her forehead was puffy and red.  I inspected the damage, asked questions and then I filled her with antibiotics.  I bought new soluble Panadol to curtail her fever and healthy goodies to cheer her.  Mel had a snooze later in the morning waking in a fiery sweat and complaining her right eye was itchy. Her forehead swollen and as red as it was when she first woke this morning.  I found my 'doctor's hat' and decided wisely another trip to the doctor was warranted.  With Merv watching the football with the cordless phone next to him and strict instructions on answering it, I took Mel to the local hospital which has an after hours GP surgery.  We only had to wait fifteen minutes before Mel was seen.  The doctor pointed out her dosage of antibiotics was insufficient and upped the dosage.   She also pointed out if Mel doesn't respond by this evening she will need to have an IV in hospital. It is now five hours later and Mel is showing improvement.  I'm too tired to think about tomorrow but I am very grateful Mel came to stay. 

No comments: