Friday 9 May 2014

Money Pinching

Ellie
I looked at my motor vehicle insurance renewal.  I didn't like what I saw.  I had rang only last month and changed my insurance from my old Hyundai to my brand new one (Ellie).  I was told after waiting for sometime and hoping for the best that my monthly payment would not change. "Great," I said and filed away the papers after I received them in the post.  A month later I received my annual motor vehicle insurance renewal letter.  Wow, the  premium had risen $12 per month!  With Mel unwell and later in hospital I left the renewal notice on my computer but today as the working week was winding down I grabbed the phone and gave them a ring.  They were very nice.  I was very nice.  By the time I put the phone down my premium had been reduced by $10 per month and I am only paying an extra $2 per month on top of the original monthly cost.  A saving of $120 per year!  All I did was ask and I received great results.  I heard recently on a local current affairs program it costs an insurer $100 to sign up a new customer.  I have both motor vehicle and house/contents insurance with this one insurer.  I am glad they wanted to keep me!

No comments: