Friday 16 May 2014

Routine

I love throwing routine out of  window when on holiday, whatever comes my way I am happy with.  At home I'm not known as an impulsive person. I like my routine but I don't like to be bored!  Routine at home helps us to stay on track.  It's those boring everyday things which become 'Ground Hog Day' moments.  A little variety and spice between the everyday times and chores keeps each day a little different and at least enjoyable!  Meal times at home has its own routine, I can do all of this with my eyes closed!  We sit together and break bread which bonds us together, it's a union which satisfies our hunger and the need for companionship.  It is the same each afternoon as I prepare the bathroom and bedroom for Merv's shower.  There is the ever constant routine of what is needed, mats to go on the floor and shower wash to be ready.  It is a time of intimacy as I help him wash, rinse and dry. Finally I help him dress and he is ready for bedtime later on.  We depend on our everyday routine for harmony and comfort in our relationship.  It works just fine!




No comments: