Thursday 24 April 2014

Celebrations Continue

It's Thursday and Mel and I are off buying gym stuff; joggers, sports tops and those fabulous sports bras.  Mel and I have been discussing the gym for a few months now, but since she added 2.2kgs enjoying Easter eggs and hot cross buns it's time to get serious.  Among the hordes of holidaying school children we have decked her out and she is ready to go.   Mel is very specific about the gym she is joining next week.  We are choosing to begin with a monthly membership to see how she goes.  We have agreed she will attend at least 3 times a week, hopefully more with the extra classes she can join.  Pilates is something I would like her to do.  In the end it is up to her.  I will encourage her all the way.

Big Sister Birthday Celebration
By 2pm this afternoon we were both flagging and we had arranged to visit big sister to celebrate her 59th birthday.  Big sister had already enjoyed a wonderful day with friends, colleagues and presents.  Mel presented her with a lovely bunch of native blooms and I gave her a quaint Blue Wren mug and matching card which I had bought recently from a little shop in Margaret River.  Big sister is a joy to us all.  I know when I am away she is keeping an eye on Mel, visiting her, inviting her to lunch and giving her a catch up call.  Big sister also visited Merv each week at his respite centre.  She is my second emergency contact after Dustin.  Big sister is Mum's advocate and primary carer outside of the Lodge she resides.  On top of all of that she excels at her job and always has time for her children, grandchildren, family members and friends.  Happy Birthday big sister!

No comments: