Monday 28 April 2014

Speech App

Some time last year the Speech Pathologist sent me a twenty two page Word Document.  My job was to fill in the blanks.  Like so many other things in life I put it aside and admittedly I had completely forgotten its importance.  A little niggle in my mind kept nudging me last week before meeting with the Speech Pathologist  at Neurosciences for the first time this year.  The dreaded Word document was yet to be completed!  With Anzac Day weekend presenting a time to enjoy a little leisure Merv and I went through each question and filled in the answers.  The gist of it being to make the speech app user friendly for Merv.  We added the quirky questions Merv would ask and deleted things which he wouldn't.  We added his favourite 60 and 70's music groups, his favourite TV programs and things he likes to do.  Including all those things he doesn't like to do!  Apple pie and cream has already been entered on the sub page of  places he likes to visit.  Family and friends were entered into the 'people page' and the list continues. Twenty two pages later I emailed it back to the office.  The best part of using the app is knowing Merv and I helped put it together.  Merv is having lessons with the Speech Pathologist each Tuesday afternoon until July.  It is essential he is comfortable and knowledgeable in using his very own app!

No comments: