Saturday 19 April 2014

Sharing Bread Together

Decadent Chocolate Mousse delight
Merv is finally home from respite.  It has been a time to resettle.  The first morning back we dealt with wet sheets plus the shock of choking at breakfast.  Thank goodness we have had a few days to get back to normal.  The Easter weekend is already here and lunch for five was  booked before our respite had begun.   I ran around chauffeuring Merv's sister after I had picked up Mel and her friend Harriet.  Vicki is dressed up and looks lovely. I had prepared some of the lunch beforehand and realised I had forgotten the white sauce for the salmon.  A quick stop to the shop for a couple of handy packets and we're back on track. I hired a ramp to push Vicki in  her wheelchair over our difficult front step.  I breath a sigh of relief as it works well.  I transfer Vicki from her wheelchair to Merv's lift chair while I finish cooking, baking, vitamising (for Vicki) and plating up.  Mel and Harriet help me serve.  The marinated salmon is delicious.  Cooked to perfection, moist and tasty.  It is complimented with roasted Royal Blue potatoes and an assortment of fresh vegetables.  We toast to good health with sparkling red grape juice and finish our meal with a decadent Margaret River Chocolate Factory mousse.  After lunch we watch a collection of my respite photos which I have added to a flash-drive.  I take Vicki back to her place of residence.  I hug her and thank her for joining us today.  I know very few family members spend time with her.  I want her to know she is loved.

Merv, Mel, Harriet and Vicki enjoying our lunch

No comments: