Friday 11 April 2014

Get Ready, Go!

The thought niggles in my mind, 'Why am I doing this?'  I know myself well enough. I love not only the challenge but I also enjoy completing the challenge.  I have arrived at my accommodation in Margaret River, the home of amazing wineries, surfing and gourmet foods.  For us, the hikers, it is our retreat after a long day of hiking the Cape to Cape trail. The Cape to Cape walking track in the south west of WA is one of the top 10 walks in Australia. Last April I completed stage 1.  It was my first major hike with only a few challenging moments. This year I purchased walking poles, which I found during my training helpful in keeping me upright and improving my pace.  I have smeared the sun cream on my fair skin, pressed my sunhat down firmly over my brow. My two litre bladder is filled with chilled water and sits snugly in my backpack. Bill is our tour guide and the ten hikers in our group have their own challenge to meet.  I am ready to set off on the track which awaits us.




Cape to Cape Track Trail Marker
Cape to Cape Markers on the track

No comments: