Sunday 20 April 2014

Easter Sunday

I've been turning off the alarm
Homemade Apple Pie Celebration
in the morning and ducking back under the covers again, catching up on much needed sleep.  Today I fought the urge. I yawned and stretched while completing my daily thirty minute treadmill routine.  My mind was a jumble of things to do  and complete before picking up Mel and later my Mum. It's Easter Sunday some of us have been or will be going to a church service. Between  small offerings of choccy eggs, hot cross buns and fresh fruit we enjoy coffee  before a little magic from Jamie Oliver turns my two large chickens into a roasted lemon and herb culinary delight.  Dustin, my sister and her friend join us as we tuck into our lunch, chat and share together.  As I serve up the lunch my sister confides some unexpected personal news with me.  Mel wonders why she missed out on asparagus and I hunt for roast potatoes for my plate.  My plate is rather empty, much like my brain after the news!  In hindsight it is a good thing the apple pie is not within reach as it may have ended being served next to the chicken with a dollop of gravy plopped on top!  My head begins to function once more and our meal is enjoyed by all.  Though Mel does complain about her lack of asparagus and I make interesting sign language that I missed out also! The meal is complete as we enjoy my sister's homemade apple pie with dollops of custard. Family chatter and the viewing of holiday photos follow. All too soon the day moves on and it's time for my Mum to go home. It's been a lovely celebration of Easter.

No comments: