Thursday 10 July 2014

Six Fresh Eggs

six fresh eggs from my little sister
Little sister has a hen house with a small number of laying hens.  I was thrilled when I received six newly laid eggs to do whatever I wanted with.  There is always a dilemma.  The expected;  scrambled, poached or fried.  Then recipes with extra staples needed; cakes, puddings and quiches.  I asked Merv if he wanted our family favourite; the scrumptious zucchini slice but he shook and head and asked for an omelette. 

Day 1 we whisked up eggs with milk, grated cheese, seasoning, diced bacon, diced tomato and capsicum.  Our resulting omelette was the size of a dinner plate and a mean meal of delight to devour.  We took no time in judging it a 9/10.


Day 1 - a mighty omelette
Day 2 another of Merv's favourites.  No culinary skills needed.  A box with chocolate sauce pudding mix, an egg and some milk and in only minutes it was ready to pop in the oven with the expectation of warm syrupy sauce and light chocolate sponge.  I would be just happy with the pudding but Merv's eyes lit up when I added custard (from a carton) and a big plume of whipped cream.  Merv sighed with heavenly pleasure and gave my packet mix creation a 10/10!




       
Creating Chocolate Sauce Pudding
Merv's chocolate delight
Day 3 time for a little variety but still sweet and warm.  I gather bowls, whisks, measuring cups, flour, milk, and the last of my treasured fresh eggs and create a batch of blueberry pancakes.  I delight in making them big enough for Merv and tiny ones for me.  The frypan is hot and well oiled and they sizzle and bubble in the pan, teasing me with their aroma.  Finally we sit and share our spoils with a fresh cup of coffee (Merv has Milo).   I judge my blueberry pancakes without a
doubt 10/10
Thank you little sister (and your feathered friends) for my fun week of creating tempting delights in my kitchen.

     
blueberry pancakes




 




No comments: