Wednesday 19 March 2014

Old Feet and New Wheels

I hit the sand today.  After taking Merv to his HD social group I drove down the highway to the ocean.  I've lived in WA since 1969 but I've never been much of a beach goer.  Proof of that today instead of glorious sandy beaches I hit kms of limestone rocks with small patches of sand! My supposedly two hour walk in the sand became thirty minutes in the sand and the rest I was walking on the footpath!  I definitely need to rethink that one! 

The beach with little sand!

I had a friend visit for lunch and after she left I had only one hour left of my respite time.  I don't know what took hold of me but I rushed down to the local Hyundai dealer who are advertising sales deals.  I've bought used cars before but never a new one.  We all know the tactics of car salesmen, they haven't changed over the years!  In thirty minutes I had signed up for a new Hyundai i30 for $20,000 including my own Hyundai 2004 battered but working well as a trade in.  I pick up my new car in a few days time. I laughed all the way home.  What a day!


No comments: