Wednesday 26 March 2014

Rearing to Go

It's not Thursday.  It's Wednesday all day but for me it might as well be Thursday.  I had planned all week to pick up my fabulous new car on Thursday when the car salesman rang and said it was already for pick up, when could I come?  Well he rang Tuesday, I wasn't ready so I hastily said Wednesday.  I am not always so organised.  Last Wednesday I went to check out new cars and bought one, just like that!  Not me at all, but it was fun doing so!
Most important thing to remember was to drop by the bank to pick up the bank cheque and from there it was smooth sailing.  There I was in my new Hyundai i30 Trophy, adjusting the height of the steering wheel and the driver's seat.  The salesman connected my iPhone by Bluetooth and when my phone rings I just press a button on the steering wheel and I am away chatting.  I suppose that depends on the level of traffic and concentration needed.  We'll see how it goes.  Ellie (pet name for new car) has cruise control.  I could do with that in life.  My brain is still struggling with the idea of sailing along at 100kph without my foot on the accelerator.  Dustin assures me it really does work.  He has it!  Ellie comes with a 300 page manual.  I started nodding off as I turned page 21.  I know where the brake, the accelerator, the horn, wipers and lights are.  We will learn as we go, hope for the best and enjoy the ride.

No comments: