Sunday 2 March 2014

A Wish Fulfilled

A few weeks ago Mel was offered  a couple of hours voluntary work in The ARAFMI office.  I was just as excited as Mel when she rang me the other day and said she had been called in to 'stuff' envelopes with their newsletter and put the sticky address labels on the envelopes.  Not the most exciting job in the world and to many just plain boring!
For Mel it was an opportunity to: help others, learn new skills and add diversity to the pattern of her week.
Etiquette on Stuffing Envelopes thumbnailShe is no longer a little girl in school.  I can not ring and find out how well she did.  Of course I asked her if she enjoyed her voluntary work which she replied with a definite 'yes!'
For Mel's benefit I hope her voluntary work is just beginning and her  journey continues to unfold and challenge her. 
I have been involved in numerous voluntary positions, all of them have benefitted my local 
community.  Through volunteering I have been challenged to look outside my own perimeters and take time to experience a bigger picture.

No comments: