Thursday 20 March 2014

Training in Action

I'm still excited about my new car; I was until I found out it won't be ready for pick up until next Thursday!  This morning I attended the monthly carer support group. It was lovely to meet up with the group, many of them I haven't seen since late last year.  It is not only comforting but also confronting.  Many of the people being cared for are either in care or in the throes of admission. It is quite confronting listening to the carer's stories and their ongoing struggles.  Merv isn't ready for a care facility as yet.  The truth being if something was to happen to me and I could no longer care for him, a care facility would be his only option.

A better choice of beach today
After the meeting I headed for Cottesloe beach and walked in the soft sand for two hours complete with my backpack, bum bag and walking poles!  A swimmer asked me if I was practising for the ski season (we don't have snow!) I shared my secret with him!

No comments: