Saturday 22 March 2014

Miracle Pills

Dustin is 37 next Tuesday.  Like most kids, even big ones he rang me today because he had landed awkwardly on his right leg.  I figure pain equals a phone call to Mum!  I suggested he elevate his leg and apply ice; thoughts from my first aid courses.  I didn't rush to check the first aid book or the internet, I want him to think for himself.  I haven't heard from him since but it got me thinking.  In a roundabout way I was thinking of Dustin and his pain.
It brought back memories of my own pain.  Many years ago I was a support worker for a community service organisation and I was rostered on to care for a man with Parkinson's Disease.  The coordinator omitted to tell me the client often fell but he was able to get back up on his own.  During the service the client fell and I reacted immediately by helping him up.  I knew it was the wrong thing to do but it was a 'knee-jerk' reaction. The next day my neck was very sore.  The pain continued and soon my head felt too heavy for my neck.  I began to panic. 
A few days later  Mel had a  homeopathic appointment and at the end of the appointment I mentioned  the problem with my neck.  The lady sold me some little pills.  I was desperate; desperate people will buy anything!  Within a week of religiously taking the little pills my neck stopped aching and my panic subsided.  For numerous years afterwards every time my neck ached I took the little tablets.  I took them not only for my neck, but for my sore back, painful legs, the list goes on.  No matter where I go I have my little bottle of pills.  They work for me. I branched out and took homeopathic pills for: colds, tummy travel troubles and a variety of other ailments.  I can nip a cold in the bud with the pills and I haven't had a full blown cold for years. I know these remedies work for me.  The Queen of England and her family use homeopathic remedies.  I have heard they don't work for everyone, I am very grateful they have saved me from ongoing pain.

No comments: