Friday 17 January 2014

Changing Plans

I was excited knowing I was about to serve on a couple of committees as a Carer Representative.  I have completed the training and read realms of printed material.  Everything was in motion until, 'the mud hit the fan,' as a matter of expression.  My information stated both committees met on a Wednesday, one at the beginning of the month and the other a few weeks later.  As I receive respite on Wednesdays this was ideal. 
On Monday I received an email with information about the meetings.  Both committees had changed their day to a Monday.  I felt cheated out of a position I had yet to fill.  After much thought I contacted the persons in charge and confirmed I was unable to attend.  I requested another committee at another location, but asked the meeting be on a Wednesday.  I also receive respite Thursday and Friday of each week.  I do my best to attend carer support groups once a month, one on a Thursday and the other meets on a  Friday.  I am happy to commit to committees or other things as long as they don't clash with my support groups.
I am back on the waiting list but at least I am ready to be a voice heard.

No comments: