Friday 3 January 2014

Time for Myself

The day is delightful, I arrive home from treating myself to a movie and it is only 24 degrees Celsius.  A cool breeze entices me to sit outside under the patio to eat my lunch.  I think about the movie I have just seen.  I went early to escape the crowds, but the cinema was almost full.  When I take Merv to the movies we sit where we don't have any steps to negotiate.  Today I bound up as many steps as I can and squeeze in among a couple of spare seats.  Someone is soon sitting next to me.  I had hoped for a little private space, but it is gone.  Everyone is thinking the same as me, but we leave the movie to unravel and enjoy the escapism.  I am watching Judi Dench in, 'Philomena.'   It is based on a true story but it isn't what I expected.  The storyline is a bit skew-wiff, but it still tugs at my heart strings and my eyes mist up.  I think about the movie while I eat my lunch.  I have reheated a curry I found in the freezer.  Merv has gone back to his day centre today and it is my first day of the new year  just to be me.  My reading beckons as well as the housework and washing.  I enjoy a few hours to myself before Merv returns.

No comments: