Sunday 5 January 2014

The Twelfth Day of Christmas

Bushfire smoke envelopes Perth city this morning
As I slid open my bedroom window this morning the air was thick with smoke.  I shut the  window and turned on the radio.  I needed to know if the smoke was local or throughout the metropolitan area.  Mel is asthmatic and I needed to tell her to stay inside until the smoke clears. The smoke was from a bushfire that started in the Mount Roe National Park, just north of Denmark, which is more than 400 kilometres south of Perth.  The smoke was threatening to hang around until after lunch.  I rang Mel and let her know.  I kept Merv inside. He wasn't complaining while he watched England & Australia battle out the fifth test of the Ashes at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Australia triumphed and the match was won two days early!  We were so glad the cricket finished early as we turned the channel to find Lleyton Hewitt going head to head with the amazing Roger Federer in the Brisbane Men's Final.  A thrilling game of two masters, with Lleyton triumphantly  winning. 
Merv's homemade paper chains in our lounge room


A busy day on the twelfth day of Christmas.  Among the busyness of the day I took down all the Christmas decorations,  including the fabulous paper chains Merv made before Christmas with his support worker.


No comments: