Wednesday 15 January 2014

A Belated Resolution

Another beautifully cool day in paradise.   I open wide every window and door in the house and let the coolness fill the house.  Merv is still in front of the TV watching the tennis.  Merv asked his support worker to sit with him and watch the Aussies play at Melbourne Park today.  It will probably will be the same tomorrow.  I took sometime this afternoon to enjoy a little respite.  I firstly treated myself to a little shopping and later a visit to the local library.  I have ran out of novels to read and I find reading a little fiction creates much needed escapism before I rest my head and succumb to the slumber of the night. 
It is already half way through January and I realise I didn't make any New Year resolutions.  I have already lost 15kgs and kept it off for almost a year.  I figure it's never too late to make a resolution.  I have been toying with ideas.  I come back to my situation and realise in many ways I am lucky to be retired and financially independent.  It is an ideal time to play around with my writing and begin a short story or two, or maybe begin the dreaded novel?  I know it will never happen unless I have a go.  I belong to the Society of Women Writers in WA.  I receive a multitude of emails of information about amazing competitions, writing courses, events and encouragement.  It's time to take the bull by the horns and give it a go.
 

No comments: