Wednesday 21 August 2013

How Safe is Safe

Merv has a new support worker for a few weeks while his regular support worker, Joe is away on holiday.   Why I thought this would not cause any hassles, I have no idea.  The new man is friendly and considerate, he reads my notes and writes the activities of the day in the service file, as it is expected of him.  On his first day both the security door and front door were left unlocked.  I wasn't expecting the local criminal gang to barge through the door and rob the house and the blokes at gunpoint.  I did expect the doors to be locked.  He is not the first support worker to be unconcerned about Merv's safety and our household treasures.  Our insurance company is adamant that our doors are locked.  We are unable to make a claim if anything is stolen while the house is unlocked.  Another thing to worry about.  It does seem petty to make a big deal about it, but our treasures come from far and wide and I will convince our new man that locking the doors is definitely not an option but a must.  I didn't think I would look forward to Joe returning, but I do now!

No comments: