Saturday 8 June 2013

All stressed out

Hmmm it's Saturday night and once again I'm at home instead of hitting the town or painting it red, green or grey.  My head is full of what needs to go into the suitcase which will go into the car.  How much luggage can we fit into the little Hyundai Accent?  It's a small car with a small boot and leg room designed for a 6 year old.   Yes the Chinese are small, they were in 2008 when we visited and probably still are.  Small cars, small people, large country, millions of small people, all of them get hungry.  Hmmm a lot of food for all those hungry small people.  Maybe I will buy a Holden or the last Ford on the conveyor belt in 2016.
Back to packing.  I have decanted liquids, creams and lotions from large and XLarge bottles to tiny pre loved vitamin containers, counted coffee and tea bags.  Seriously thought whether I should pack the coffee pod maker or the glass scales.  The scales won, Mel is on Weight Watchers.  I will settle for strong coffee bags.  I will be able to squeeze in the winter clothes, pj's, slippers, shoes, joggers and an extra large bag for our meds, flu tablets, Strepsils, gastro-aid,  Oh and the fridge bag, not sure where I can fit it, but I cooked 3 Shepherd Pie meals for Monday night, in they will go along with the milk and fruit and whatever I can find to add to it.
Oh goodness, I will need a holiday to get over the holiday.

No comments: