Saturday 22 June 2013

My Leaky Roof

Its that time of the year.  Perth has gloriously warm winter days.  Days that other places could not own as winter.  Some places in the world would take our warm winter days and make them their autumn or spring days.  Some places would make them their summer days!  We laugh.  We love our warm and sunny days.  The song that states,'it never rains in southern California, it pours!'  Perth is a lot like that.  The rain comes down in bucketful's, like there aren't enough containers in heaven to pour it out upon us.  Yes, God has the hose on full pelt, it sure does pour right here.
In 2010 we were tortured with golf size hail stones during a 5pm storm.  The damage was extensive and everyone had a story to tell, whether it was their own or belonged to a relative, friend or colleague.  As a community services assessor at the time I heard many stories and saw the damage the freak storm delivered. 
We have had a small leak from our roof for sometime.  When it rains as rain should fall, straight down that is, we are safe and dry but when the wind howls and the rain comes down anyway but straight our roof develops, much to our horror, a constant drip through our passage way vent.  I even put a cake pan underneath it when we holidayed in Mandurah to prevent our new carpet from getting soaked. 
It is time to get the leaky roof fixed and concentrate on other things which Harry brings our way.  I would like to expect a deluge of would be roof fixer uppers once I put my request to the local market.  If I ask to get my gutters fixed at the same time, I may get a few enquiries, but no one is interested in fixing a single leak when a bigger job is lurking around the corner.  

No comments: