Friday 7 June 2013

Winter warmth and a happy daughter

Perth is the most amazing place on earth.  It is winter and the day started off cold and chilly but by 10am I had already discarded my cardie and felt warm and comfortable in my old black T shirt and jeans.  Mel had her hair trimmed early and looks fantastic.  Being a person of habit I headed off to Barilli for my morning caffeine fix and then off to the bookshop.  Next stop was the final assault on Mel's room.  We allocated our jobs according to our particular gifting.   Mine is to remove everything, throw away the rubbish, clean and replace suitable items.  Mel's is mainly to decide what is missing and dig through the forbidden rubbish bag and retrieve her cherished treasures.  I have learnt how to throw out her forbidden fruits when she is busy with the occasional clean up action.  Sneaky and extra sneaky are the qualifications I could proudly display on my cleaning CV.
Mel's bedroom and kitchen cupboards have taken 7 weeks to complete and look similar to the display pages in Vogue.  Well done I announced and off we went for a 30 minute walk in the glorious sunshine to celebrate.  Not really Mel's idea of celebration, but all thoughts of food were kept only for a short Subway lunch.  Weight Watchers is beginning to be an inspiration to us both.
Healthy food, glorious sunshine and a happy daughter, what else is there?

No comments: