Tuesday 4 February 2014

Cook A Healthy Meal Day

Mel rang me this morning.  Something was wrong, she should be at her Weight Watchers meeting.  I was ready for action, battle, whatever was needed!  "Mum,"  she whispered, "I've put on 200g!"
"Humph!" I replied and put the, 'Mummy defence plan' back on recharge. 
I can put on 200g just by eyeing a cookie! 
A little chat later and we established it wasn't the end of the world as we know it and next week the graph will look a bit better.
She reminded me of my wisdom while she munched through lunch and later afternoon tea.
Today is, 'Cook a Healthy Meal Day.'  We cooked Chinese Chicken Stir Fry and made a yoghurt and fresh fruit sauce dessert.  Mel was a little Masterchef; marinating the chicken, cutting up the plums (for the fruit sauce), chopping, dicing, stirring and announcing it was all done and could she have a rest!  Mel takes her half of the meal and dessert and shares it with a friend.
I like Tuesdays, Mel practises her cooking skills and dinner and dessert is already to go.  I can spend my energy on other things which need to be done.

No comments: